Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chapter 3: Congratulations, Your Child Is Insane

Welcome back! We left off with baby Jace. He's now aged up into his child years. He rolled the Insane trait and the Artistic Prodigy aspiration. He inherited his mother's fiery red hair and I believe his skin tone is closer to Laine's.
 

He shares a chat with Mom, which seems to be going nicely at first.


But it's only a matter of time before his insanity creeps through. His mood swings are insane. Laine is baffled.


I send him to draw instead, maybe he just needs a creative outlet.

Glitter on EVERYTHING!


And the masterpiece.


Devon comes home. Duck face for the win.


Devon calls everyone to a family meal. Oh great, Jace is in one of his moods again.


He immediately provokes Devon, and their relationship plummets.


And proceeds to throw a tantrum. I fear for the day he is chosen as heir.


Devon tries his hand at mischief with the tried and true hand buzzer trick.


He thinks it's hilarious.


After Jace's outburst at dinner the previous night, Devon meets him in his room to salvage some kind of relationship with him. Here he is giving Jace tips on impressing the ladies.

Devon: You just flex and wink, like this. They love it.


And they share a laugh.


Devon's pep talk has influenced Jace enough and he practices his push-ups, teaching Dino about proper form.


While Mom and Dad get romantic.




I love the new tickle interaction. So cute!



Finally, Laine has enough.


Laine serenades Devon over breakfast that morning.



Devon: Oh stop!


They were both very flirty at this point, so I thought it was about time that Laine make Devon an honest man. Devon agrees and gets down on one knee.


Devon: Will you marry me?


Laine: I always imagined it to be bigger...


Laine: But duh!


They celebrate by a bit of woohoo.


And Laine is pregnant again! Hurrah!


Laine finished her first emotional painting. This one is flirty. 


Jace wanted to hang out with Dad while he hit things.


He was playing with his dino toy when this happened. I think he hit himself on the head with it. Whoops.


Devon shares the tricks of being an outstanding chess player.




That night, the couple have a chat.

Laine: Okay so hear me out, I know we were going to do the whole big wedding thing, but seeing as we're dead broke I was thinking we could just skip all the fluff and do the thing right now.


Laine: Plus I'm already knocked up with our second child, so what are we waiting for? Whatdya say?


So they take their vows right there on the lawn.



And their first kiss as husband and wife.


Look at that confetti!


Laine is stoked. Derpy wedding face.



You married that. On purpose.

Devon: Yeah... Yeah I did.


Devon needed to get his charisma skill leveled up for a promotion, so he got to that post haste.

Devon: I'm also ridiculously good looking and I'm built like an Ox, so you know, I could potentially beat you to a pulp.  And that's why you should promote me.


Devon: BOOM.



1 comment:

  1. LOL great chapter. I really like Devon, he's a character. And little Jace! I haven't had any Insane sims yet, I'm kinda looking forward to their crazies. Also yaaaaay for the wedding! *throws confetti*

    ReplyDelete